Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week 5 - Things 10 - 12

Thing # 10

I began playing with the online image generators on Saturday, & hopefully I didn't jinx the Patriots - I was making football guys that said "Brady" & signs that said "Go Pats" & if you follow football you know how that ended up, so rather then posting those I started fresh & made the "Read" bumper sticker below.

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


I have been searching for one of these for my car, & finally a friend sent me a link to one & now that I have the link, I have yet to buy it. I'm not usually a bumper sticker person, but I do love reading!
Thing # 11
Web 2.0 Awards
I had a lot of fun looking at the sites that have won "Web 2.0 Awards". I am really looking forward to having more time to play some more - & also trying them out at school to see which ones I can actually utilize. (I think I have already mentioned our web filters are in high gear this year!) I can ask to have something unblocked if necessary, but with my book blog I have had a lot of trouble with it becoming blocked again.
I explored LibraryThing.com . I recently joined Good Reads & I have been having a lot of fun seeing what my friends are reading & entering my own books in, but I think this is even better.
I didn't register for an account yet, but I was able to explore a lot of features & many could be used without an account.
I LOVE the "Book Suggester" & you do not need to log in or have an account to use it. I think it would be a great tool to use with students and also for collection development.
Also, they have many groups that look interesting, including children's young adult literature groups. I have such a hard time keeping with new (& even old) titles & have wanted to be in a book group, but this may be an easy alternative.
Thing #12 - Rollyo
I wasn't quite sure I would like Rollyo, but I did find it interesting. I created a reference one which I would like to try out with my students. I think they would benefit more from a tool that I "roll" rather then creating their own. (even though they may have fun with it)

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

http://www.ImageGenerator.org has 5,000 more online image makers (make buttons, digital scrapbooking, banners, sigs, avatars, comics, photocards, fake magazine covers, wordart/logos, gags, e-cards, etc).